ReShape Organizations - A Forum by HR Club
In order to meet our performance objectives and to keep our place ahead of the competition, we need to reshape our organizations;
We must find the magic formula to combine speed and adaptation with stability and efficiency.
Which is the right model for our organization?
Which are the transformation steps towards the “new model”?
- The limitations of traditional management, including
- budget problems
- the KPI pitfalls
- the target and bonus problems
- Beyond Budgeting – the adaptive and human management model
- the background, the philosophy and the 12 principles
- companies on the journey around the world; examples of how they operate
- Equinor (formerly Statoil) story – the "Ambition to Action" model
- redefining performance – dynamic and relative targets and a holistic performance evaluation
- dynamic forecasting and resource allocation and no traditional budgets
- from calendar-driven to event-driven
- Implementation experiences and advice
- The need for HR – Finance cooperation
- What are the main goals of agile transformation?
- What is the agile@scale approach and major milestones?
- Which organizational structure did they implement?
- What were the people dimensions of the transformation?
- How did the HR team evolve?
- What are the first results and key learnings?
Bjarte Bogsnes has a long international career, both in Finance and HR. He is a pioneer in the Beyond Budgeting movement, and has been heading up the implementation of Beyond Budgeting at Equinor (formerly Statoil), Scandinavia’s largest company. He led a similar initiative in Borealis in the mid-nineties, one of the companies that inspired the Beyond Budgeting model.
Equinor realized that traditional leadership and management practices no longer work in today’s competence organizations operating in business environments more complex, dynamic and unpredictable than ever. The company implemented innovative alternatives to traditional management, like abolishing traditional budgets and calendar-based management in favour of more decentralized, agile and human processes.
Bjarte is Chairman of Beyond Budgeting Roundtable (BBRT). He is a popular international business speaker and is the winner of a Harvard Business Review/McKinsey Management Innovation award. Bjarte is also author of "Implementing Beyond Budgeting - Unlocking the Performance Potential", where he writes about his almost twenty-five years long Beyond Budgeting journey.
Zsuzsanna Friedl is an HR executive with 20+ years of experience in various industries like manufacturing, ICT and telecommunication. She worked at big multinational companies like General Electric and Microsoft, actively participating in business and culture transformation programs in international environment, gained expertise in all segments and levels of HR organisations.
She joined Magyar Telekom (Deutsche Telekom) in 2017, where her responsibilities include all employee-related HR activities, the respective internal and external communication tasks, as well as the supervision of areas supporting the company’s transformation.